According to IAM, BoMc garners high praise from clients as, “an excellent firm to work with. Its practitioners are consistently responsive, timely, cost effective, meticulous and knowledgeable in technical areas. Everyone at the group is exceptional, great to communicate with, client focused and friendly. They can handle the most important and complex patent work.”
Eight partners are named “Recommended Individuals”:
- “[Chris] Agrawal serves as managing partner and provides prosecution and strategy advice to key clients.”
- “Les [Bookoff] is superior to other patent lawyers. He provides excellent advice, strategic guidance and work product. Les is extremely diligent, collaborative and has the capacity to rapidly and accurately capture the concepts that his clients are looking to patent and then combine everything into a highly coherent approach.”
- “[Kirsten] Johnson is a physical chemistry PhD and is a key contact for both prosecution and transactional support.”
- “[Jameson] Ma offers commercially focused advice to his patrons and has a deep understanding of the technology that he works with.”
- “Roland [McAndrews] is reliable, flexible, collaborative and produces high-quality results. He is friendly, engaging, positive and meticulous in his work.”
- “[Dinesh] Melwani is a top strategist who is entrusted by clients to handle prosecution matters and to execute complex commercial agreements.” He is also listed as a “Recommended Individual” for post-grant proceedings (nationwide).
- “[Elizabeth] Shah spent time working in-house at three medical device companies and leverages this experience to create and implement tailored strategies for clients that meet their business goals.”
- “Jessica [Winchester] is absolutely excellent to work with. She is reliable, personable, communicative, and manages the work meticulously. Jessica is flexible in meeting her clients’ goals and requests, even if they change over the course of the business year or even during the drafting of a single patent application.”
IAM is commonly regarded as the definitive ‘go-to’ resource for those seeking to identify world-class, private practice patent expertise as well as leading expert witnesses in the United States. As with previous editions, to arrive at the 2023 rankings, IAM undertook an exhaustive qualitative research project to identify outstanding firms and individuals across multiple jurisdictions. When identifying the leading firms, factors such as depth of knowledge, market presence, and the level of work on which they are typically instructed were all taken into account, as well as positive peer and client feedback.