In its 2022 rankings, IAM Patent 1000 again hands out top honors to BoMc. For patent prosecution, BoMc is top 6 in the DC Metro Area and top 16 in the country.
According to the publication’s research, “Bookoff McAndrews is one of the best patent law firms on the market. Its client service is exceptional, and its prosecution and opinion work is unparalleled in quality.”
BoMc also received exceptional praise for its workplace culture. “The outfit has been able to attract top talent and keep it engaged thanks, among other things, to a compensation model that encourages the sharing of work between the best-suited lawyers, a completely flexible work-anywhere approach and an enlightened attitude towards things such as parental leave, which feeds through into the two key unique selling points of agility and consistency; when a company’s needs evolve, the team supporting them does too; the high staff retention rate also means attorneys get to know their patrons and can target their advice more accurately.”
Several BoMc attorneys are named leading patent practitioners:
- “Les Bookoff is a master at reading patent and business landscapes and designing creative strategies that keep his clients one step ahead of their competitors.”
- “Roland McAndrews inspires confidence and sets the stage for commercial success with his insightful opinions.”
- “Kirsten Johnson is always available and a total professional who delivers timely and complete advice and assessments.”
- “Jessica Winchester is extremely diligent and detail oriented, and provides bespoke services rather than canned advice; she completes each job with special care and attention paid to the specifications of the brief, and can be counted on to look out for your best interests. She has a keen eye for innovative strategies, too.”
- “Dinesh Melwani is the consummate professional who is hard working, client focused and available at any time; he also provides clear, actionable, and practical advice. He is also cited as a top expert on post-grant proceedings and their interplay with district court litigation, and has been acting for Verizon in inter partes reviews challenging Huawei patents asserted against it in the Eastern District of Texas.”
- “Another master of USPTO practice, Chris Agrawal also has a rare talent for licensing. His recent activities include assisting Honeywell International – particularly its aerospace division – in the patenting of industrial Internet-of-Things technologies and growing the portfolio of Worldpay, the largest PIN Debit acquirer in the United States.”
IAM Patent 1000 is commonly regarded as the definitive ‘go-to’ resource for those seeking to identify world-class, private practice patent expertise and leading expert witnesses in the US. When identifying the leading firms, factors such as depth of knowledge, market presence and the level of work on which they are typically instructed were all taken into account, as well as positive peer and client feedback.