In its 2021 rankings, IAM Patent 1000 honors BoMc as one of its top 16 patent prosecution firms in the United States and top 6 in the DC Metro area.
IAM says the consensus is that BoMc “has fostered an environment in which egos are checked at the door and teamwork, engagement, responsiveness and fun are prioritized. This brings a real energy to its practice that clients relish – not least in the quality of outcomes achieved.”
One client interviewed by the publication raves, “BoMc provides the best service you could ask for: its technical understanding is exemplary, its commitment to excellence unquestionable and its billing transparency and reasonableness on fees commendable.”
Several BoMc attorneys are recognized as leading patent practitioners:
- Les Bookoff and Roland McAndrews are “two lawyers who can’t be beaten for portfolio management skill, strategic insight, business acumen or medical device industry knowledge. They have assembled a diverse, high-performing squad that is only getting stronger.”
- Jessica Winchester is “diligent, detail-oriented, efficient, communicative, dependable and incredibly service oriented. When you send instructions her way, you can rest assured they will be carried out to the highest standard without any oversight required.”
- Dinesh Melwani is “clear and concise in his explanations and recommendations, and a great lateral thinker whose broad insight and analysis enhance discussions tremendously.” He is also recognized as a nationally Recommended Individual for post-grant proceedings, one of only 64 attorneys to receive the distinction.
- Kirsten Johnson “doesn’t just get what she needs to draft a patent and file it; she talks to her clients about their innovation, the market, the end user, the exit strategy and budgets, and in this way dives deeper than other attorneys. Understanding why you are filing a patent, she writes up claims that your company valuation will benefit from and maps out where you can take things globally.” Reflecting on a recent due diligence project, one source comments, “we were grilled by an investor’s IP attorneys, but Kirsten took over and made them extremely comfortable with our IP position. She never put a foot wrong and turned an intense interrogation into a walk in the park – she doesn’t crack under pressure.”
- Christopher Agrawal is another “top-notch attorney who deserves all his recognition.”