Sean Quinn prepares and prosecutes patent applications, performs patent counseling and opinion work, and handles patent appeals at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. Sean has experience with various technologies including artificial intelligence (AI), autonomous driving, bio-signal processing, consumer devices, medical imaging, telecommunications, and video coding.
Prior to joining BoMc, Sean was an attorney at a large international IP boutique headquartered in Washington, D.C. In that position, he also worked in Tokyo for three months and assisted Japanese clients with U.S. patent practice. During law school in Chicago, Sean served as a judicial extern to the Honorable John W. Darrah in the U.S. Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
* Admitted only in IL. Practice limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies.
- Obtained patents for an electronics manufacturer among the top three patent filers in the U.S. Prepared patent applications directed to AI for said client.
- Obtained patents related to autonomous driving for a vehicle manufacturer among the top ten patent filers in the U.S.
- Authored an opinion as a judicial extern that was affirmed, in its entirety, by the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2014
- Marquette University, B.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2011
- Author. Fresenius USA, Inc. v. Baxter, Int’l, Inc.: 721 F.3D 1330 (Fed. Cir. 2013), 24 DePaul J. Art, Tech. & Intell. Prop. L. 247 (2013).
- Author. Summary of Uniloc USA, Inc. v. LG Electronics USA, Inc., Sughrue Mion Blog, June 15, 2020.
- Author. Summary of Core Wireless Licensing v. LG Electronics, Inc., Sughrue Mion Blog, March 14, 2018.
- Author. Summary of Finjan, Inc. v. Blue Coat Systems, Inc., Sughrue Mion Blog, March 14, 2018.
- Vietnamese American Bar Association of the Greater Washington, D.C. Area (VABA-DC), Member