Patrick applies a deep understanding of the workings of the USPTO to assist clients as they navigate the patent prosecution process. Prior to joining BoMc, Patrick was a patent examiner at the USPTO for over 15 years, examining patent applications in a variety of industries, including energy, transportation, manufacturing, and medical devices.
As a primary patent examiner, Patrick trained and mentored examiners on examination best practices and patent quality. He also helped decide whether ex parte appeals should proceed to the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) or be re-opened for prosecution. Furthermore, Patrick clerked for an administrative patent judge at PTAB, assisting in drafting opinions on appeals and presenting the decisions to a panel of judges.
Before starting his career at the USPTO, Patrick worked as an engineer at Honeywell Airframe Systems (now Honeywell Aerospace) designing auxiliary power units for aircraft and test stands for turbomachinery and heat exchangers.
* Admitted only in CA. Practice limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies.
- Former primary patent examiner
- Clerked for an administrative patent judge at PTAB
- 15 years experience at the USPTO
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2012
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2005