Maggie Evans works hard to develop and expand clients’ patent portfolios. She has experience in patent prosecution with a variety of mechanical and electrical technologies, including medical devices and treatment methods, imaging and optical devices, printers, information processing systems, fire protection sprinkler systems, and software and data processing. Maggie works with clients on patentability and freedom-to-operate analyses all the way through to patent maintenance and enforcement.
In addition to her prosecution experience, Maggie has represented clients in post-grant proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and on appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Maggie uses her experience in both patent prosecution and post-grant proceedings and appeals to provide clients with strong patent portfolios that proactively protect her client’s interests in the United States and abroad.
- Strengthened and expanded U.S. and foreign patent portfolios for domestic clients.
- Counseled client as to validity of competitors’ patent portfolios and strategized to develop competitive patent portfolios, in the United States and abroad, to strengthen client’s protection and bargaining position.
- Helped to grow the U.S. patent portfolio for a client ranking in the top five of companies awarded U.S. patents each year for over three decades.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., May 2014
- Villanova University, College of Engineering, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, cum laude, May 2009
- Author. “Federal Circuit Finds AI Cannot Be an Inventor on a U.S. Patent,” BoMc Blog, August 15, 2022.
- Author. “What to Expect from the Biden Administration in the World of IP,” BoMc Blog, November 24, 2020.
- Author. “International IP-related Initiative to Combat COVID-19,” BoMc Blog, July 9, 2020.
- Author. “And/Or: Considerations for Using Conjunctive vs. Disjunctive Claim Language,” BoMc Blog, February 19, 2020.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member