Bethany Love’s practice includes advising clients with regard to patent procurement, patent portfolio analysis, and contentious proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Bethany has experience in a wide array of technologies including mechanical, computer, software, and Internet-related technologies.
Prior to joining BoMc, Bethany worked as an associate at an international general practice law firm. While there, she was part of a team that represented both plaintiffs and defendants before U.S. District Courts, and also represented petitioners before the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Such experiences continue to inform Bethany’s approach to the practice of patent law.
During law school, Bethany served as an associate editor of IDEA: The Intellectual Property Law Review. She also spent a semester in Dublin, Ireland at an IP boutique firm where she gained experience in both patent prosecution and trademark matters. Upon graduation, Bethany received the Franklin Pierce Intellectual Property Law Certificate.
* Admitted only in TX. Practice limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies.
- Successfully represented a client in the protection of a profitable software application through an inter partes review proceeding at the USPTO.
- Represented an American multinational software company in multiple patent procurement projects covering processor and memory systems, software applications such as user interfaces and compilers, cloud computing technologies, and database management.
- Prior to law school, gained software developer experience at both a Fortune 50 technology company and a Fortune 500 technology company.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- North Carolina State University, B.S. Computer Science, magna cum laude, 2012
- Author. “The USPTO Establishes New PTAB Pro Bono Program.” BoMc Blog, April 19, 2022.
- Coauthor. Intellectual Property Law, SMU Annual Texas Survey, Vol. 2, Article 7, 2016.
- Coauthor. Intellectual Property Law, SMU Annual Texas Survey, Vol. 3, Article 11, 2017.
- Coauthor. Attorneys’ Fees: Octane, Highmark, and Recent Federal Circuit Cases, Ch. 15, State Bar of Texas: Annual Advanced Patent Litigation Course (July 17-18, 2014).
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member
- PTAB Bar Association, Member
- ChIPs, Member