Bookoff McAndrews (BoMc) is seeking a Student Associate to join our firm. Student Associates can work a hybrid schedule if in the DC area, or remotely from anywhere in the United States.
The firm is currently seeking applicants with all technology backgrounds. The following backgrounds are of particular interest:
- electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- IPR/litigation experience
The Student Associate role provides valuable experience and exposure to the following:
- meeting with inventors and drafting patent applications for filing in the USPTO;
- prosecuting patent applications before the USPTO, including interviewing Examiners;
- working collaboratively with clients and BoMc attorneys to develop and refine claim strategies;
- proactively managing a docket of cases the attorney has primary responsibility for, across a blend of clients from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies; and
- assisting with other prosecution/counseling matters including:
- drafting noninfringement and invalidity opinions; and
- conducting due diligence investigations and performing freedom-to-operate and landscape analyses under the supervision of the firm’s partners.
- Currently enrolled in law school and seeking a career in patent prosecution.
- Positive attitude toward client service.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and professional service skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and work in a team environment.
- Self-starter with commitment to success and personal professional growth.
- Enjoy being involved in all aspects of a vibrant law firm team.
We are a dedicated and friendly team that enjoys our work. It shows in the quality of our work, and it’s recognized. Vault ranked us in the top five across all midsize firms throughout the country in “firm culture,” “diversity,” “satisfaction,” and “best firms to work for.” We offer:
- competitive compensation and benefits, including tuition reimbursement;
- option for fully-remote, in-person and/or hybrid working environment, entirely at employee’s choice;
- a respectful and collegial hybrid working environment centered around diversity, teamwork, trust, and humility;
- investment in our Student Associates, helping them to thrive in the firm and the greater legal community;
- periodic optional firm-wide events in DC (travel and accommodation included for remote employees); and
- access to the firm’s DC office, a modern and comfortable office space convenient to three Metro Stations in downtown DC, with smart-casual dress code, and access to gym, co-working space, and “Western Market” food hall.
Apply to be a Student Associate
Please include a cover letter along with your resume. We also ask that applicants submit their school transcripts, either with their application or when contacted.