Robert Selfaison brings value to his clients by thoroughly understanding the novel aspects of an invention and providing unique strategies that ensure mindful patent management and protection in computer, electrical, and mechanical arts.
Prior to joining BoMc, Robert worked for an Am Law 100 firm in both Washington D.C. and New York City, and later joined a leading intellectual property boutique firm in Salt Lake City, Utah. He has worked with a variety of clients ranging from small startups to large corporations, gaining experience with a broad range of technologies, including computer software and hardware, artificial intelligence / machine learning, blockchain applications, cloud computing, speech processing, drone robotics, and medical devices.
Robert leverages his experiences in combination with a law degree, a business degree, and an electrical engineering degree to carefully and effectively navigate the intellectual property landscape for his clients.
- Assisted in all stages of patent prosecution for a prominent Fortune 50 computer software company.
- Conducted multiple in-person examinations as a law clerk that resulted in successfully advancing prosecution.
- Led an Arizona State University student team that designed an energy solution for a remote K-12 school in a rural village in Meghalaya, India.
- District of Columbia (pending)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark
- Arizona State University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, cum laude, May 2020
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark School of Law J.D., April 2011
- Brigham Young University, B.S. Business Management, December 2006
- Minority Bar Association (Utah), Member
- Intellectual Property Section of the Utah State Bar, Member