Robert Selfaison brings value to his clients by thoroughly understanding the novel aspects of their inventions and providing unique strategies that ensure mindful intellectual property management and protection.
Before joining BoMc, Robert worked for an Am Law 100 firm in both Washington D.C. and New York City. He later joined a leading intellectual property boutique firm in Salt Lake City, Utah. He has worked with a variety of clients ranging from small startups to large corporations and is experienced in a broad range of technologies, including computer, electrical, and mechanical arts.
Robert leverages a unique combination of experiences, including a law degree, an electrical engineering degree, and a business degree, to carefully and effectively navigate the intellectual property landscape for his clients. With his deep knowledge and understanding of the industry, he provides practical and effective legal advice tailored to his clients’ individual needs.
- Conducting in-person interviews at the US patent office.
- Performing multiple patent clearance projects for one of the world’s largest manufacturers of heavy machinery.
- Led an Arizona State University student team that designed an energy solution for a remote K-12 school in a rural village in Meghalaya, India.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark
- Arizona State University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, cum laude, May 2020
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark School of Law J.D., April 2011
- Brigham Young University, B.S. Business Management, December 2006
- Author. “USPTO Expands and Extends Climate Change Mitigation Pilot Program,” BoMc Blog, August 2, 2023.
- Author. “New Training Initiative for USPTO Examiners,” BoMc Blog, May 18, 2022.
- Minority Bar Association (Utah), Member
- Intellectual Property Section of the Utah State Bar, Member