Norbert Lazar is an experienced patent practitioner who strives to obtain strong and enforceable patents for his clients. Leveraging his familiarity with every aspect of patent preparation and prosecution, Norbert maximizes value to clients by engaging in compact prosecution that results in broad claim scope. He regularly interfaces with inventors, conducts interviews with patent examiners, and consults on various patent prosecution strategies with both foreign and domestic counsel. Among other areas, Norbert has experience prosecuting applications associated with computer software, mobile electronic devices, digital assistants, display devices, augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) devices, hospital workflow systems, and medical devices.
Prior to joining BoMc, Norbert practiced for seven years at a high-volume patent prosecution boutique firm. In this capacity, Norbert managed an extensive patent docket and helped build robust patent portfolios for clients of all sizes.
- Prepared and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications across a diverse array of fields for clients of varying sizes, including for multiple Fortune 500 companies.
- Achieved successful dispositions in dozens of appeals before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
- Advised foreign and domestic patent practitioners on U.S.-based patent prosecution strategies.
- Educated students, entrepreneurs, and startup organizations on the various IP categories and how each category may be applicable to their business interests and/or inventive concepts.
- Obtained successful results in the representation of an international medical company in ex parte reexamination proceedings.
- Participated in counterfeit infringement litigation that led to the closure of hundreds of virtual storefronts that engaged in the sale of counterfeit goods on multiple global e-commerce platforms like Amazon, e-Bay, and Alibaba.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., May 2016
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, May 2012