Miles K. Davis combines experience working in-house and at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to elevate his patent counseling practice. Prior to joining BoMc, Miles interned for about five years at K2M, Inc., now a part of Stryker Medical Group, where he helped design and test minimally invasive spinal surgical tools and devices. Miles also externed at the USPTO where he spent time examining patent applications for internal combustion engines (ICEs), turbomachinery, and intake manifolds.
Before law school, Miles attended Parks College of Aviation and Engineering at Saint Louis University. While there, he studied mechanical engineering with an interest in robotics and medical devices. He built and designed a Battlebot for competition for his senior design project and helped a professor build a remote rotocraft. Additionally, Miles was a member of the Saint Louis University D1 Men’s Soccer team.
* Practice is supervised by the partners of BoMc.
- Externed at the USPTO where he learned jet engine recovery methods such as windmilling and methods of knock reduction in internal combustion engines.
- During law school, worked as a student attorney in the Intellectual Property and Transactional Law Clinic to assist and advise individuals as well as small business entities on a wide variety of intellectual property and business matters.
- Saint Louis University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2017
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law, J.D., Intellectual Property Certificate, 2020
- Author. “Amend Now or (Almost) Forever Hold Your Peace,” BoMc Blog, March 31, 2021.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member