Juan Gutierrez specializes in patent portfolio management and patent prosecution. Juan has drafted and prosecuted patent applications toward allowance in the chemical, computer, and mechanical arts. Before joining BoMc, Juan worked at a boutique intellectual property firm, prosecuting patent and trademark matters and assisting in complex commercial and intellectual property litigation. Juan also interned at Sikorsky, where he assisted with prosecuting mechanical applications and patent clearance searches related to rotorcraft.
During law school, Juan was president of the Intellectual Property Law Society and a Connecticut Journal of International Law member. He was also a student associate in UConn Law’s Intellectual Property Law Clinic, where he drafted and prosecuted patent and trademark matters for local entrepreneurs and small businesses.
* Admitted only in CT. Practice limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies.
- Managing and expanding a patent portfolio consisting of dozens of patents for energy and cleantech corporation.
- Strengthening international patent portfolios by successfully drafting patent prosecution documents in Latin America and responses to international office actions.
- Conducting patent landscape searches and drafting responses to office actions for an aerospace, defense, and technology corporation.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2022
- Florida International University, B.S., Biology, Concentration in Biochemistry, 2018
- Florida International University, B.A., Liberal Arts, Concentration in Biomedical Science, 2018
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association (CHBA), Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA), Member