JP Lawrence is a patent practitioner with a passion for strategic counseling. JP began his IP career in Big Law in Silicon Valley, assisting in the development of patent assets for major tech companies. He then joined a startup-focused IP boutique, and most recently served in-house as an IP Engineer and Patent Portfolio Manager at RapidSOS, an industry-leading emergency response tech startup, helping to grow their patent portfolio from zero issued patents to over fifty. Somewhere in between, JP also founded a venture-backed tech startup of his own. It is this combination of diverse experiences and perspectives that allows JP to effectively balance a client’s resources with their business objectives.
In earning both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in Materials Science & Engineering from Stanford University, JP assisted in conducting years of research on photo-electrochemical cells, the findings of which were published in Nature. However, JP considers himself a true generalist and loves to learn the ins and outs of new technologies.
* Practice is supervised by the partners of BoMc.
- Worked 5+ years in-house at industry-leading emergency response tech startup RapidSOS.
- Founded a venture-backed startup.
- Research published in Nature.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Stanford University, M.S., Materials Science & Engineering, 2016
- Stanford University, B.S., Materials Science & Engineering, 2014
- Co-author. “Design Principles for Maximizing Photovoltage in Metal-Oxide-Protected Water-Splitting Photoanodes,” Nature Materials, October 19, 2015.
- Co-author. “ALD-TiO2 Preparation and Characterization for Metal-Insultator-Silicon Photoelectrochemical Applications,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 2013.