Jacqueline Nguyen works with start-ups and Fortune 500 companies on the preparation and prosecution of patents – domestically and internationally. Jacqueline has technical experience in various fields including pharmaceuticals, chemical and mechanical arts, medical devices, medical software. She has particular experience with inventions involving cosmetics, hair products and skincare products, and materials-based products.
Jacqueline enjoys working with clients to form a comprehensive and global patent strategy, from providing freedom-to-operate, patentability, non-infringement, and validity opinions, to developing strong patent coverage in the United States and foreign jurisdictions.
Jacqueline is a diversity advocate who co-chairs BoMc’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness (IDEA) Committee and serves as the Scholarship Chair for the DC Chapter of the Vietnamese American Bar Association. In the past, she has held numerous other roles for diversity-focused organizations.
Prior to joining Bookoff McAndrews, Jacqueline was an associate at an IP boutique in Virginia. While attending law school, she was Editor-in-Chief of the George Mason Journal of International Commercial Law and President of the Women’s Law Association.
- Successfully obtained patents for hair and skin products crucial to client’s IP portfolio and commercial marketplace.
- Collaborated closely with scientists and in-house counsel to draft and prosecute applications.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The George Mason University School of Law, J.D., May 2015
- Marymount University, B.S., Biology, magna cum laude, December 2010
- Recognized by Managing Intellectual Property as a “Rising Star” (United States) for patent prosecution, 2021-2022.
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” for intellectual property, 2020-2022.
- David v. Goliath – In the Fashion Era: Analyzing the Lanham Act to Protect Individual Designers and Small Business Owners, George Mason Journal of International Commercial Law, Vol. 5, Issue 3.
- BoMc Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness (IDEA) Committee, Chair, 2020-2021
- Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Association of Intellectual Property Firms (AIPF), Boutique Practice Committee, Member
- AIPF, Membership Committee, Member
- Vietnamese American Bar Association (VABA), D.C. Chapter, Board Member and Scholarship Committee Co-Chair
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member