Arash Hamidi brings a wealth of patent knowledge to assist clients with protecting their most valuable innovations. His prior experiences at national full-service law firms exposed him to a variety of technologies in the mechanical, electromechanical, and computer software fields. Arash’s work involves providing strategic patent counseling, preparing and prosecuting patent applications, and assessing patentability and freedom-to-operate ideas.
Prior to joining BoMc, Arash volunteered on legal matters relating to immigration law on behalf of individuals seeking citizenship benefits as well as on behalf of the government evaluating award of such benefits. Arash is also a former engineer who contributed towards the planned development of various sites in the Washington metropolitan area, including designing areas of George Mason University’s campus and that of a planned minor league baseball stadium in Loudoun County.
- Prosecuted the revival of numerous expired domestic and international patents across various jurisdictions in accordance with local reinstatement laws.
- Evaluated the patentability, enforceability, and marketability of intellectual property portfolios involved in asset purchase transactions or corporate mergers.
- Assisted in defending clients in patent litigation by conducting due diligence review of implicated intellectual property and analyzing complaints of alleged claim infringement.
- Former Diversity and Inclusion Committee Chair for the young lawyers section of a bar association.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Kentucky College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2016
- Virginia Tech, B.S., Civil Engineering, 2011
- Author. “Inadvertently Disavowing Claim Scope: Federal Circuit Reminds Applicants of the Importance on Patent Drafting,” BoMc Blog, January 13, 2020.
- Author. “USPTO Introduces Patents 4 Partnerships to Encourage Cooperation Toward Developing and Commercializing COVID-19 Healthcare Technologies,” BoMc Blog, June 4, 2020.
- BoMc Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness (IDEA) Committee, Recruiting and Retention Sub-Committee, 2020
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Member