Ankit Aggarwal’s practice is focused on developing strong intellectual property portfolios, portfolio acquisition/analysis, and monetization strategies. His patent experience centers around the communications, artificial intelligence, medical device, lighting, semiconductor, software, and content conversion fields.
Ankit regularly provides guidance regarding client patent portfolios for technologies essential to their business. He performs freedom-to-operate searches to approve new software product development and, when necessary, develops litigation support strategies based on his analysis of each client’s intellectual property assets. He also provides due diligence and strategic counseling services related to IP transactions.
Ankit has previously served as Lead IP and General Counsel at a marketing technology company where he managed legal challenges of the company as it grew in revenue from US$4m to US$75m.
Before entering the legal field, Ankit was a systems engineer at The Boeing Company where, he developed and implemented detailed procedures for system-wide military-grade communication components. He also previously designed and constructed all the electrical and software components for a fuel conversion system as the lead engineer of Alternative Fuels Systems.
* Admitted only in MD. Practice limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies.
- Managed multiple patent projects for a Fortune 50 company. The projects included multiple patent harvests, competitor analysis, and related defensive and offensive actions.
- Oversaw an artificial intelligence patent program for a medical device company.
- Conducted target patent portfolio analysis to qualify a multi-billion dollar target acquisition.
- Managed team of seven outside counsel firms as Lead IP and General Counsel at a marketing technology company.
- Currently advising startups in the technology and e-commerce space on aspects of IP monetization and strategies.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 2012
- University of Maryland, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2008
- Author. “Supreme Court May Weaken PTAB’s Ruling Authority.” BoMc Blog, July 21, 2021.
- Author. “Okay, Google: Can AI be Granted Inventorship to a Patent?” Mondaq, October 15, 2019.
- Villanova University, Guest IP Lecturer (Semesterly)
- Angel Venture Fair, Venture Capital Panel, Panelist/Moderator (Annually)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA), Member