Will Gvoth helps clients develop high-quality patent portfolios by taking time to understand their goals and long-term technological trends. Will drafts and prosecutes patent applications in a wide range of technologies and he has experience with 5G/wireless systems, artificial intelligence and machine learning, optics and semiconductor lasers, heavy equipment, financial services systems, medical devices, and green energy and recycling systems. Beyond drafting and prosecuting patent applications, Will helps clients coordinate patent portfolio strategies across international jurisdictions and identify innovations for patent protection.
Will joins BoMc from the intellectual property and technology group of a large international law firm and previously spent time at an intellectual property firm in Virginia. Over the course of his practice, Will has represented solo inventors, start-ups, and large multi-national companies.
* Admitted only in VA. Practice limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies.
- Drafted hundreds of utility patent applications across various technology areas.
- Obtained numerous standards-essential patents for a large multi-national client.
- Supported multiple successful petitions for inter partes review.
- Facilitated invention ideation sessions that resulted in over a dozen new inventions.
- Part of a team that designed and built an e-commerce system for a Southwest Virginia farm while in undergrad.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., 2014
- Virginia Tech, B.S., Information Technology, magna cum laude, 2011
- Co-Author. “Columbia Sportswear v. Seirus: Pacesetter for Application of the Government’s ‘Article of Manufacture’ Test in Design Patent Damages Cases,” Landslide – ABA, September 22, 2019.
- Co-Author. “Changes in Patent Language to Ensure Eligibility Under Alice,” IPWatchdog, December 7, 2017.
- Co-Author. “Is it Really That Obvious? A Tale of Two Decisions,” IPWatchdog, April 9, 2017.
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), Industrial Designs Committee Member