Nicole Barba focuses her practice on patent drafting, prosecution, and portfolio management. Nicole has experience with technologies ranging from medical devices to wind turbine engines to clothing.
Before practicing law, Nicole worked in the aviation industry, where she designed jet engine components and implemented advanced casting and machining technologies. While working full time, Nicole earned her M.S. in Aerospace Engineering and completed a thesis regarding the effectiveness of cooling system designs and manufacturing variability on turbine airfoil temperatures.
* Admitted only in OH. Practice limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies.
- Served as Managing Editor for the Notre Dame Journal on Emerging Technologies.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2022
- University of Cincinnati, M.S., Aerospace Engineering, 2017
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2014
- Author. “Patentability of 3D Printed Biomaterials,” Notre Dame Journal on Emerging Technologies, April 1, 2021.