Kyle T. Mosley’s practice includes strategic counseling, opinion work, and patent prosecution before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Kyle has experience with a wide array of technologies in the software and business methods space. As a result of this experience, he has developed expertise in navigating the USPTO’s guidelines pertaining to subject matter eligibility under Section 101.
Prior to joining BoMc, Kyle worked as a patent examiner at the USPTO where he examined patent applications related to mobile systems, location-based targeting, cloud-based systems, promotion methods, privileged access gateways, data analytics, location sharing platforms, as well as patent applications directed to behavioral targeting and payment systems.
While in law school, Kyle worked for an international intellectual property law firm as a patent clerk and served as an extern in the Commissioner for Patents Office at the USPTO.
* Admitted only in IL. Practice is directly supervised by the partners at Bookoff McAndrews.
- Staff writer for the Journal of Art, Technology & Intellectual Property.
- Extern in the Commissioner for Patents Office at the USPTO.
- Studied EU labor and human rights law abroad at Universidad Pontificia Comillas in Madrid, Spain.
- Studied the legal aspects of investing in emerging business markets at Universidad Católica Argentina in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of Illinois, B.S. Advertising, and Minor, Computer Science, 2007
- National Bar Association, IP Section, Member
- Intellectual Property Law Association Chicago, Member