Denise Dantzler works closely with clients to develop patent strategies that address their specific needs and objectives. She leverages her chemical background to prepare and prosecute U.S. and foreign patent applications in various areas including materials science, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, agricultural products, and consumer products. She has particular experience with inventions involving chemotherapeutics, semi-solid materials, microbeads, materials for microelectronic devices, and nanomaterials. Denise also works with clients to form a comprehensive and global patent strategy, from providing patentability, freedom-to-operate, and non-infringement opinions, to developing robust patent coverage in the United States and foreign jurisdictions.
Prior to joining BoMc, Denise was an associate at an IP boutique firm in the Kansas City metropolitan area. While attending law school, she served as Editor-in-Chief of the Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy and founded its online supplement, Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy Online. At graduation, she also received the Samuel Mellinger Scholarship, Leadership, and Service Award, which is given to the student who has most distinguished themselves in the combined areas of scholarship, leadership, and service.
* Admitted only in KS and MO. Practice limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies.
- Strengthened and expanded U.S. and foreign patent portfolios for a global leader in the advanced materials industry.
- Created a robust prosecution strategy for obtaining and expanding patent protections for products in a large client’s main portfolio.
- Collaborated closely with professors and postdoctoral students at top universities to draft and prosecute applications.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., May 2020
- MidAmerica Nazarene University, B.S., Chemistry, cum laude, May 2017
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- ASM International, Member
- Kansas Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, President, 2022-2023