David Huang’s practice includes all aspects of patent counseling, patent application drafting, and patent prosecution. He has substantial experience assisting clients secure patents in the U.S. and around the world in diverse industries spanning electrical, computer, chemical, materials, and mechanical technologies. David has worked with clients of all sizes, ranging from startups to multinational corporations.
Prior to joining BoMc, David worked for several years at another intellectual property boutique law firm in Washington, D.C. There, he prepared and prosecuted patent applications in many technological fields, including power electronics systems, semiconductor devices, telecommunications, digital media, electric motors, home appliances, consume electronics, industrial systems, metallurgical compositions, ceramics, coatings, optical materials, and pharmaceutical products. Before entering law practice, David performed research on innovation management while completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Pennsylvania.
David is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese.
- Trained in-house patent department personnel from multiple multinational corporations in U.S. patent law and practice.
- Assisted in the growth of patent portfolios for several Fortune Global 500 companies.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Johns Hopkins University, M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2018
- George Mason University, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S.E., Materials Science and Engineering, cum laude, 2009
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Economics, cum laude, 2009
- Author. “Secret Sales Remain Prior Art Under the AIA: Helsinn Healthcare S.A. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc.,” BoMc Blog, January 25, 2019.
- Pauline Newman IP American Inn of Court, Member