Alex Slafkosky drafts and prosecutes U.S. patent applications in a wide range of technologies, including networking and telecommunications technologies, software for consumer electronics and business enterprise products, semiconductor devices, home appliances, and power supplies.
Before joining BoMc, Alex was an attorney with a DC-based patent law firm. While there, Alex specialized in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the computer software, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering fields.
Before law school, Alex was a student at the University of Maryland, College Park. While at College Park, Alex studied aerospace engineering, with a specific focus on space systems. Alex also assisted in rotorcraft research at the Alfred Gessow Rotorcraft Center and competed on competitive teams, where he designed satellite communications infrastructure and built a robotic arm and control system to operate it. Lastly, Alex also was a member of the University of Maryland Varsity Lacrosse team.
- Assisting in growth and management of an expansive patent portfolio for a fortune 100 consumer electronics company and a fortune 500 information technology company.
- Advising clients on amending claims to target competitor’s products.
- Leading the preparation of a validity opinion for a client of a competitor’s U.S. patent.
- Training engineers and foreign counsel of large electronics company on U.S. patent law.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Maryland, Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D., 2016
- University of Maryland, B.S., Aerospace Engineering , 2013
- American Intellectual Property Association (AIPLA), Member