Adam Denmead helps clients maximize their intellectual property by drafting and prosecuting robust patent applications. Adam enjoys collaborating with clients to formulate the most effective strategies for protecting their intellectual property and developing impervious patent portfolios. Striving to balance compact prosecution with broad patent protection, Adam is always ready to conduct an Examiner Interview or file an appeal to help clients achieve the strongest protection without wasting time and resources. Never one to shy away from a challenge, Adam has drafted patent applications for clients large and small in industries ranging from medical devices to automation to financial transaction systems, and is always eager to learn new technologies.
In addition to patent drafting and prosecution, Adam has extensive experience conducting clearance investigations, patentability analyses, and validity opinions. Adam also has in-house experience that allows him to better understand the challenges clients face in prioritizing and expanding their patent portfolios.
Adam started his professional career as a mechanical engineer for an international bulk materials handling company before transitioning to the practice of law. Prior to joining BoMc, Adam was an associate attorney at a boutique intellectual property law firm based in Pittsburgh, PA, servicing clients worldwide in a diverse range of technologies.
* Admitted only in PA. Practice limited to matters and proceedings before federal courts and agencies.
- Drafted and successfully prosecuted hundreds of applications for clients ranging from individual inventors to Fortune 500 companies.
- Worked with multiple medical device clients from early-phase landscaping through patent prosecution to build patent portfolios around industry-first products.
- Worked as an in-house contractor prosecuting patent applications, conducting due diligence, and performing clearance investigations for an international medical device firm.
- As a law clerk, assisted in litigation for recovery of attorneys fees in frivolous lawsuits filed by patent assertion entities.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., May 2016
- University of Pittsburgh, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, December 2011