Bookoff McAndrews (BoMc) is seeking a Recruiting Manager to join our firm. This position will work closely with the firm’s partnership and HR team to successfully recruit and integrate both remote and local talent into a constantly growing firm. This position has the option of being hybrid and requires in-office presence one day per week and at occasional firm-wide events.
The Recruiting Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to oversee the recruitment, hiring, and integration of attorneys, student associates, and patent agents including:
- establishing and monitoring hiring needs in order to update search criteria;
- selecting candidates and working with the HR team to schedule interviews and move candidates through the process in a timely manner;
- conducting phone screens;
- coordinating with the HR team to administer the offer process, including conflicts checks;
- refining and monitoring the effectiveness of the recruiting processes, and executing changes as needed;
- managing relationships with outside recruiters, including negotiation of fee agreements;
- identifying and implementing applicant tracking tools to streamline recruiting processes;
- running and compiling recruitment-related reports;
- administering and refining the firm’s mentorship program with input from key stakeholders;
- verifying attorneys’ DC and patent bar statuses;
- coordinating with firm’s Director of Marketing and Outreach to create materials/campaigns to promote recruitment;
- liaising with law schools to promote the firm;
- organizing and attending recruiting-related social events; and
- collaborating with the HR team to determine effectiveness of onboarding procedures and training via surveys, questionnaires, etc.
- At least five years of attorney recruitment experience in a law firm setting.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to exercise discernment when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to represent the firm and the firm’s interests to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to take ideas and projects from inception to completion via detailed execution.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and work in a team environment.
- Positive attitude toward internal and external client service.
- Self-starter with commitment to success and personal professional growth.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and professional service skills (written and verbal).
- Enjoy being involved in all aspects of a growing and changing law firm environment.
We are a dedicated and friendly team who enjoys our work. It shows in the quality of our work, and it’s recognized. Vault ranked us in the top 5 across all midsize firms throughout the country in “firm culture,” “diversity,” “satisfaction,” and “best firms to work for.” We offer:
- competitive compensation and benefits;
- a respectful and collegial hybrid working environment centered around diversity, teamwork, trust, and humility;
- flexible schedules around “core” business hours;
- optional periodic firm outings and events in DC (travel and accommodation included for remote employees);
- optional staff appreciation activities;
- access to the firm’s DC office, a modern and comfortable office space convenient to three Metro Stations in downtown DC, with smart-casual dress code, and access to gym, co-working space, and “Western Market” food hall; and
- smart-casual dress code.