Bookoff McAndrews (BoMc) is seeking an IP Docketing Assistant to join our firm. This position will provide administrative support to the firm’s Docketing Department. This position is hybrid and requires a minimum of two days per week in the office.
The IP Docketing Assistant’s primary responsibilities will be to perform all tasks to support the Docketing Department including:
- supporting day-to-day operations of the Docketing Department:
- analyzing all incoming correspondence for U.S. and foreign patents;
- docketing and de-docketing pertinent deadlines;
- opening new matters;
- preparing system reports;
- researching and resolving docketing inaccuracies; and
- answering questions related to the docket.
- assisting with incoming file transfers
- completing the inventory and triage of incoming files;
- performing docket audits of U.S. and foreign cases;
- creating a case profile in the firm’s docketing system; and
- adding all pertinent deadlines to the docket.
The IP Docketing Assistant will also perform other related duties as assigned by the IP Docketing Manager. The IP Docketing Assistant will be trained in all aspects of patent docketing.
- Willing to learn Intellectual Property – patent docketing.
- 1-2 years of recent office experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and work in a team environment.
- Positive attitude toward internal and external client service.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment during “core” business hours.
- Self-starter with commitment to success and personal professional growth.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and professional service skills (written and verbal).
- Enjoy being involved in all aspects of a growing and changing law firm environment.
We are a dedicated and friendly team who enjoys our work. It shows in the quality of our work and it’s recognized. Vault.com named us the #1 Best Midsize Firm to Work For in 2022, which includes #1 rankings across key benchmarks for “diversity,” “satisfaction,” “firm culture,” and “quality of work.” We offer:
- competitive compensation and benefits;
- a respectful, collegial environment centered around diversity, teamwork, trust, and humility;
- modern and comfortable office space convenient to three Metro Stations;
- smart-casual dress code;
- regular firm outings and events; and
- staff appreciation activities.