Bookoff McAndrews (BoMc) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our firm. This position will primarily provide administrative support to the HR and Operations team in addition to supporting other departments in the firm. This is a 100% in-office role supporting a hybrid work environment. The hours for this role are 8:30am to 5pm.
The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibilities will be to perform all tasks to support the HR and Operations team as well as other departments in the firm including:
- professionally answering the telephone and ensuring callers are redirected accordingly;
- greeting guests in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner;
- assisting in resolution of basic IT issues and requesting vendor support as needed;
- setting up office equipment (computer, monitors, and all peripherals);
- maintaining office equipment such as printers and copiers and coordinating maintenance as needed;
- setting up conference rooms for meetings with food, beverages, and AV;
- performing a variety of administrative duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating;
- coordinating the delivery and drop off of mail (FedEx, USPS, etc.), logging and distributing incoming packages;
- ordering, receiving, stocking and distributing office and break room supplies;
- maintaining the break room (emptying/running dishwasher and upkeep of kitchen appliances); and
- other administrative duties as assigned.
- At least one year of recent office experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and work in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware.
- Positive attitude toward internal and external client service.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment during “core” business hours.
- Self-starter with commitment to success and personal professional growth.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and professional service skills (written and verbal).
- Enjoy being involved in all aspects of a growing and changing law firm environment.
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 20 pounds.
We are a dedicated and friendly team who enjoys our work. It shows in the quality of our work and it’s recognized. Vault.com named us the #1 Best Midsize Firm to Work For in 2022, which includes #1 rankings across key benchmarks for “diversity,” “satisfaction,” “firm culture,” and “quality of work.” We offer:
- competitive compensation and benefits;
- a respectful, collegial environment centered around diversity, teamwork, trust, and humility;
- modern and comfortable office space convenient to three Metro Stations;
- smart-casual dress code;
- regular firm outings and events; and
- staff appreciation activities.