Bookoff McAndrews (BoMc) is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist with 2-5 years of experience to join our firm’s accounting team.
The Accounts Payable Specialist’s primary responsibilities will be to perform all tasks to support the accounting team including:
- processing all accounts payable transactions to include invoices, check requests and expense reports;
- reconciling vendor account statements;
- processing corporate credit card transactions, recording disbursement activity and performing monthly reconciliations;
- maintaining weekly check run and outgoing wire/ACH transfers;
- performing monthly activities in support of the financial close process;
- interacting effectively with other departments; and
- other duties as assigned.
In addition, the Accounts Payable Specialist will generally support the accounting department by:
- maintaining accurate source documents, client ledgers, and electronic files;
- cross-training and assisting other team members to ensure adequate coverage at all times;
- assisting with streamlining processes to improve workflow; and
- periodically assisting with accounting related special projects.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline.
- At least two years of recent experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Word, and impeccable attention to detail.
- Preferred experience with SurePoint (formerly Rippe & Kingston) LMS V.
- Law firm experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities, and work in a team environment.
- Positive attitude toward internal and external service.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment during “core” business hours.
- Self-starter with commitment to success and personal professional growth.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and professional service skills (written and verbal).
- Enjoy being involved in all aspects of a growing and changing law firm environment.
We are a dedicated and friendly team. It shows in the quality of our work and it’s recognized. Vault ranked us in the top 10 across all midsize firms throughout the country in “firm culture,” “diversity,” “satisfaction,” and “best firms to work for.” We offer:
- competitive compensation and benefits;
- a respectful, collegial environment centered around diversity, teamwork, trust, and humility;
- flexible arrival/departure times around “core” business hours;
- modern and comfortable office space convenient to three Metro Stations;
- “Jeans Day” on all Fridays*;
- sit-stand desks for all employees*;
- regular firm outings and events*; and
- staff appreciation activities*.
*Due to COVID-19 our firm is currently working remotely. The asterisked bullets are a representation of us operating from the office under normal circumstances. Where possible, we have modified activities to a virtual format.